Monday, August 22, 2011
Doll Quilt Swap 2011
Yep it is that time of year again....
The 5th Annual EB Doll Quilt Swap
Open to new and old quilters...you will be matched with someone of a similar skill level.
SIZE: from 13″ x 13″ up to 24″ x 24″ or any rectangle or other shape in between.
FABRIC: natural fibers, please - linen, cotton, or wool.
CONSTRUCTION: Pieced, appliqued, wholecloth, or yo-yos; quilted by hand or machine; and bound. Embellish at will. Embroidery? Rickrack? Buttons? None? You decide.
LABELS: please include a label on the quilt.
Some design questions to get your swapee partner started:
1. What colours do you like?
2. What colours DON'T you like?
3. What style of quilt do you like best? (Abstract, arty, traditional, modern etc.)
4. What techniques and trimmings do you like? Applique, embroidery, yoyos, foundation pieced blocks, rik rak, lace, ribbons, buttons...?
5. Is there anything you DON'T want on your quilt?
6. Skill Level
7. Which other EB-ers you've already made a quilt for, or received one from
8. Who will doll Quilt be for - child, wall hanging etc
9. Your Blog address (if not already in sig)
Deadline to sign up: Monday 5th of September.
Quilt post deadline: 12th of November.
5 days for me to get the partner swaps organised and 8 weeks of sewing?? Enough time??
This has been such a successful swap in the past....please don't spoil it....if you don't think you can meet the deadline don't join in.
Please stalk your swappee and look at their blog...it will give a feel of the types of fabric/quilts that they like!
It is getting harder to swap you with someone of the same skill level and someone you haven't had before...feel free to PM or email me a preference for a swapper expecially if they are not the same skill level as you. No promises but I will do my best to make the swap as even and as fair as I can!
Anything I've missed??
So who is first??
Comment on this post and make sure I can access an email address or FB account in our EB quilters group.