Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Little trucker quilt for Austy - Thanks AJ!


This was definitely worth the wait - check out those super tiny triangles! Austy's first remarks as we opened the parcel was "Fabwic sor Mummy" (seeing the pretty pink wrapping fabric) then "Woooooooow!!! Little twiangles!!" Then I told him it was his quilt for Benji Bear and he quickly swooped it up and ran to his bedroom to get BB and his buddies, as well as his own baby quilt to go outside for a teddy bears picnic. Here are a few of the photos I snapped as he played.





And of course the little nameless boy doll (my nappy tester before Austy was born, especialily when my friend told me they'd be too big for a newborn...) Just to give you an idea of size, this doll is about the size of a 5-6lb baby.

AJ - I hope you find a pic there that you like for your quilt diary! There are plenty more, but I've already overloaded the blog... woops (insert blushing smilie here)

7 comments:

AJ said...

WOW great photos Joy!! Can i put them in my blog?? PLEASE!!!

Austy's Mum said...

Of COURSE you can AJ! You did all the hard work...

ingrid said...

Just gorgeous AJ! You definitely hold the quilting queen title! I cannot get over those tiny triangles. Well done!

And Austy is adorable as ever Joy. Whenever I see pics of him I want to give him a cuddle he looks like a little cherub.

Helen said...

Great triangles AJ! How big are they?? Lovely shots Joy, Austy is a sweetie.

AJ said...

Tiny Helen...trust me very tiny...smaller than a 50 cent piece and easily sucked into the machine!!

Natalie said...

oh wow AJ, that is just adorable! I love the fabric and really admire your patience with all those little triangles - it looks fantastic.

Emma said...

Gorgeous photos of a gorgeous quilt (and little boy!). Fantastic work on thos triangles, AJ!